Complex Network Integration
Rio Tinto Iron Ore awarded Visionstream the Cape Lambert Plant Communications Infrastructure contract under the Cape Lambert Port Project. Delivering the design, construction, installation and testing of an optic fibre network and voice mobile radio network.
The network installed facilitated the transfer of corporate and process control systems network data and provisioned a Voice Mobile Radio network providing UHF communications and transmission system across the Port Operations as well integrated into the existing Rio Tinto network.
Safe Working Culture
The Infrastructure build included the design and construction of the following elements:
- Purpose built mains fed Radio Base Station including DC power system, stand by Generator, HVAC system, Fire Suppression system and associated racks and ancillaries;
- 50m self-supporting tower, including but not limiting to aircraft warning light system, access ladders and platforms, cable gantry and cable hanger bracket system;
- 40kms of Optic Fibre cable installation, termination and testing;
- Installation of cantilever pole and radio equipment enclosure for WiMax infrastructure (no design element);
- 9 Channel Operations radio and 6 Channel Construction radio system; and
- SDH and PDH optic fibre digital transmission network at new facility and existing facilities to integrate into existing network.
- Cape Lambert Port B integration significant man-hours No LTIs
- Interface Complexities with major civil contractors and port contractors
- Multifaceted design initiatives